Thursday, August 29, 2013

My Thrift Style


I have been thrift shopping for as long as I can remember...waaaaaaay before it became cool. My first thrifting memories are of  my mom taking me to our favorite thrift store where I would spend all my time rooting through the baby clothes. I loved babies and their itty bitty clothes. So I bought clothes for my dolls. I remember loving it.
I still love to thrift shop. I've pretty much outfitted our family in secondhand finds for twenty years now. My husband was not a fan at first but after he saw the great things I found and for soooo cheap...I converted him!
I thought I would share some of my favorite finds in a series that I may do weekly called My Thrift Haul, in hopes that maybe I can convince you to give it a try.


Handsome and I just celebrated our 21st wedding anniversary and I choose to wear this vintage  black lace dress out for dinner.
I showed this dress to a lady who collects vintage clothes and she told me that it was a late 1940's dress. It has a metal side zip ( that I have already pinched myself with) and a velvet bow detail. The tag inside says that it was made in Boston.


 I love that the lace overlay is so on trend right now.




Dress: thrifted vintage Shoes:Franco Sarto Purse: a mystery thrifted Belt:Ann Taylor thrifted

This dress is a new favorite piece in my wardrobe that I will wear for many special events. I wonder who may have worn this before me and what special events she went to.


6 comments:

  1. Oh Margo, this is divine. What a great find.

    ReplyDelete
  2. BEAUTIFUL!!!! What a wonderful find! I absolutely love the style and it suits you so well. You look amazing!
    Happy Anniversary to you and Mr. Handsome. :)
    I am looking forward to reading your weekly "My Thrift Haul" as I also enjoy thrift shopping.

    Almeda :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is a great idea to start this series! I love the dress, it is so special in every detail.
    Unfortunately in Spain we don´t have that culture of thrift shops, you can´t see many around. I wish they were
    Oh, and Happy Aniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful dress, it looks like it came from some high priced modern boutique. I loved thrifting in college and found several beautiful winter coats and fun polyester disco shirts because it wasn't popular yet. Sadly thrifting is so "in" here all the good stuff is crazy expensive and the cheap Goodwill only has crap. I'd love to see your other thrifting hulls!

    Happy Anniversary to you and your husband. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd love to read the series! Here in Macau don't have thrift shop:(
    The dress is gorgeous and suit you like a glove.

    Happy anniversary to you and your husband!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is one great find Margot! Congratulations on 21 years together!

    ReplyDelete