Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Fresh Take


I have worn this dress out a few times now and it's been a real hit, especially the color! I'm not usually a big fan of green but I love this one. I made this dress with the hopes of it being a versatile piece in my wardrobe...and I think it will be! Here are a few ways I have styled it. 

This first look is the look from my original post and I would call this my wedding guest look. My daughter did my hair and I love the elegance of it! Thanks Emmy!(Necklace:Suzy Shier Shoes:Rouge(thrifted) Bracelets:gift from Handsome)


The second look is a more casual, errand running look. Easy, fresh and put together. (Cardi:J Crew(thrifted) Bag:a mystery(thrifted) Shoes:Aldo)
   


The third look is what I would call my date night look. Sparkly black necklace and a textured black clutch, spice things up. I would also add my black moto jacket for a cool evening. (Necklace:Walmart Clutch:Ricki's Shoes:Franco Sarto)



The last look is my Sunday best look and I actually wore this to church on Sunday.  I'm loving pink and green toether! (Necklace:Walmart Shoes:Walmart Purse:Liz Claiborne (thrifted) Jacket:Joe Fresh (thrifted))

I have even more ideas for this dress...grey high low sweater and booties...jean jacket and kicks...black blazer and tights for fall...Yup, this dress will be in regular rotation in my wardrobe and in my suitcase on trips. Gotta love that.

5 comments:

  1. So great to have a dress that is so versatile. I love them all..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these kind of posts! To see the different ways in which you can style a piece is a great help for me and my lack of imagination :)
    Of course this dress is a hit. It couldn´t be nothing other than that. And tell your daughter she can style my hair anytime!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look so gorgeous, I love your choice of jewelry too, thanks for sharing your sources!
    That is such a versatile style and color, very flattering.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a great post! It's lovely - and inspiring - to see different ways of styling. And your daughter is very talented - how wonderful to have your own personal hairstylist!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is simply a lovely color. You look amazing!!

    If you have a sec, I would love to hear your thoughts on my latest: http://fashchronicles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete