Monday, May 27, 2013

MMM Day 27 Graphic Design





Dress:self made Cardigan:J Crew Shoes:Franco Sarto

Butterick 5455
The print of this dress is not something I usually go for but I am really liking it. This dress is so comfortable and flattering, making it a winner with me. I made it back in March and didn't give it a proper review so here goes...

My Review: 

Pattern: Butterick 5455

Fabric used: Stretch cotton. Lovely to work with! 

Instructions: I don't recall anything particular about the construction of this dress. I need to do these reviews sooner.

If I could change anything: I wouldn't change a thing about the pattern. I would however change the hem on my particular dress, the print on the bottom of mine is uneven, I'm unhappy with that but choose to ignore it. Lesson learned.

Repeat worthy? Yes, for certain! It has such a lovely, flattering fit and of course pockets. I have said this before, but I love pockets!

2 comments:

  1. absolutely gorgeous! I love stretch cotton, but dress weight can be hard to find. Where did you get this lovely print?

    I am looking for a good cardi, I will have to try JCrew.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Becki! I bought the fabric at Fabricville. I have yet to order any fabric online so I rely on what I can get locally, which I often moan about. Next time I am there, I will try to remember to check the name of it for you...
    I adore anything J Crew! Although I do not adore their prices so anything I have of theirs has been thrifted. I am lucky when it comes to thrifting J Crew...seems i can spot it a mile away :)

    ReplyDelete