Monday, May 13, 2013

MMM Day 12 Mother`s Day

 I may be a day late with this post but I was enjoying my Mother`s Day with my own precious kiddies and my mom. Thank you to my beautiful babies for making my day so special. I am so proud to be your Mama and love each of you with all my heart and soul.

I was blessed to spend the afternoon with my own mom...I love you Mom. Thank you for introducing me to sewing, for being a patient teacher and continuing to share my enthusiasm, always supporting me. Thank you for giving me a beautiful childhood and being a best friend into adulthood. I love you.



I made this dress eons ago, I couldn`t even hazard a guess as to when. I`m sorry to say that I put great effort into this dress from McCalls 6433 but let it hang unworn in my closet. I can only remember wearing it one other time. On my way out to church, I threw on my black and white polka dot blazer and I liked it much better. I wish I had gotten pictures but... maybe next time.

As for this pattern.. nothing really stands out that I didn`t like about it other than the neckline was too low. I was suspicious of this problem before I cut it out and adjusted it, but if I were to make it again I would raise it some more. I may look fine in these pictures but moving around in it is tricky. Although, the real problem may be that this dress is a bit too big now... cut a size smaller next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment